Friday, January 22, 2010

Busy, Busy

I have been neglecting the blog a bit lately, but, once again, it was for good reason. I have made significant progress toward getting all the pieces done for the concert.

Big News: I FINISHED THE FIRST PIECE TODAY!!!
-it's a quirky little number called "So Many Books." I haven't worked out the full arrangement, but it will most likely be performed by me on ukulele and voice and Lauren Wells on violin. I making headway!

Today was also a good organizational day. I made a list of all the pieces I am working on and gave an estimate of the percentage of completion (I would post the picture of it now, but I am too tired and will do it tomorrow). Most of the works are more than halfway done, but I am stuck in the early stages on two of my songs for the cycle.

Interestingly, the piece that is the least complete was the first thing I did in the window. It was a compositional exercise that lead me to a nice melody with some interesting chord changes, but I really haven't made any progress on it since about the third day.

No comments:

Post a Comment