Saturday, January 16, 2010

Half Way Reflection

I have been neglecting the blog a bit lately, but that is because I have been quite busy working on music. I'm feeling the crunch of trying to write all of this music in such a short time. Some of the pieces are mere fragments, but I am choosing to spent my time on the more fully formed pieces. I want to get these pieces done so that I can focus on the less developed ones.

One question that has been popping up in my head is "What style will this concert be in?" As a composer and performer I have made many different kinds of music - some fairly traditional, some totally outlandish. I work a lot in improvisation, but I also have written many thoroughly composed pieces. Sometimes my aesthetic comes from the avant-garde, and sometimes it comes from mainstream popular music. So what do I choose for this show?

As it stands right now, I am writing music from all of these perspectives. I don't know if their is a unifying theme, but that's fine with me. I love variety!

Here's the pictures from the past three days:
Day 14

Day 15

Day 16


Photobucket

Photobucket

vocal cuesboard game notes50 things to say or sing

No comments:

Post a Comment