Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Down and Up

Today's time in the window was fairly unproductive. I just couldn't come up with any ideas. I've got a lot of partial pieces and I wasn't able to expand on any of them. I did not tape up any new music today :(

But when I got home tonight, I began working on the Ron Paul text setting and things really started to flow. First, I decided to use all of Sen. Paul's speech instead of just the small portion that I had originally chosen. I think this will be better for the spoken word format that I am using. Second, I started working on it on the computer. In the window, I had already created a basic chordal structure for the first part, but I was having trouble making it flow correctly. Putting everything into the computer really help me to give the piece a form, it started to make sense a little better. I guess I really am hopelessly attached to this devise in some ways. But that doesn't concern me, I am quite pleased with results of tonight's work. I will print it out and tape it up tomorrow.

Here's the new pages:




P.S. - If anyone out there has any comments or questions on this page. I will definitely respond. I'm beginning to wonder if there is anybody out there...

2 comments:

  1. If you could post an audio clip for us to hear it would be EVEN BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to wait til the concert on Feb. 5!

    ReplyDelete