Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Third of the Way There!

This project is now about one third of the way over. I'm getting concerned about creating a whole concert's worth of music, so I am trying to get organized. I made a list of everything that I am working on and what progress I have made on it. Hear it is:

a "political song cycle" - includes:
"So Many Books" - lyrics complete, needs chords and arrangement
"It's Not Up To Me" - derived from Bjork's "It's Not Up To You" - has melody, needs chords and more lyrics
"Exercise #1" - took Black Flags "Rise Above" and made a new melody and chords to the original lyrics, needs a set of original lyrics
Some song that I started today on the ukulele, needs words

somewhat related to the song cycle, is a setting of a speech that Ron Paul gave to the House of Representatives on May 15, 2009. The text is quite poetic, and I have edited the lyrics down a bit to make them even more so. This setting will be for a narrator (female), violin, accordion, and keyboard. You can see the original speech here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWvbMCHwCY&feature=player_embedded

a twelve-tone row that will be used in the Ron Paul piece, but may also find it's place somewhere else

a violin duet that may become a duet for violin and saxophone. It will also include some staging and movement

I am also doing some work on a new version of my Board Game for Improvisors. It will be quite different from my first two versions


I think if I finish all of these it will be quite a full concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment